Want to earn some SP? PLAY SOLO!

SirRhythmSirRhythm Chat Mod
edited January 2013 in Time To Gloat
Choofers;3691400 said:
That's right ladies and gentlemen. From 5/12-5/16, I am giving people credits to play solo stepmania (6key instead of 4key).

For those that have never played solo, setting it up is very simple. Go into your settings and change your key setup to something like "qweiop."
q - left
p - right
i - up
e - down
w - upleft
o - upright

Now start the game as usual but instead of choosing "singles," tap over once and select "solo." Voila, you have now entered the solo zone.

Think of the pattern variation in a standard 4key file, whether you are playing on FFR or SM. Add two more columns, and you have a crazy amount of patterns.
Single note - {4, 6}
Doubles - {6, 15}
Triples - {4, 21}
Quads - {1, 15}

"But choof, I don't have any (easy) songs!"
Don't worry! There are a couple packs that cater to new solo players.

Hey, check this thread for Solo Monogatari 2 because it's a new pack and it's awesome.
Also BCMP 6, this is filled with very close conversions of IIDX charts, so some files may be rather tricky.

Patashu's Solo Beginner Pack
Xiao's Solo Beginner Pack
Xiao's Solo Beginner Pack II
Xiao's Solo Beginner Pack III
Solord State Squad Pack (this one is geared more towards more seasoned players but still has some good stuff)
Solo Monogatari
Solo Japan Pack (also geared towards better players but all of the files are pretty fun)
I'm going to run something Similar on ts

Rules:
1. You can't be a seasoned solo player. This event is about getting new players to play solo, or getting decent players who have been away from solo back to playing.
2. Your scores must be from one of the packs I linked in Choofers Quote. This is because they all have multiple difficulties, other packs are no use because there is no use in mashing a pass on dumps when you are a new player.
3. All scores posted in this thread, no pms please unless you need help setting up solo. hopefully we will get some good rivalries started.
4. No double posting please, this forum only allows for 6 images in one post, so if you have more than that, please just link them without [img] codes.
5. You can Still play the FFR event run by choofers, all i would ask is you post different scores, don't use the same screenshots.

This event will run for a week, so it will finish around midday Sunday for Americans next week. (7pm GMT)
Scoring for Sp is 10sp per screenshot, upto a max of 200sp, then a 25sp bonus for video of you playing

Note: i will accept screenshots from stepcloud. Ctrl f - 6 key to find them, or upload your own/from other packs.

Comments

• SirRhythmSirRhythm Chat Mod
    edited May 2012
    =reserved=

p.s i'm accepting donations (share the load bros)
    Bloody - 182 StylishPenis

p.p.s lrntostepsolo
  • SpillerSpiller Senior Member
    edited May 2012
    I have wanted to try out some Solo and 8-key, so this is great. I had some easy 8-key songs, but 8-key with two fingers is kinda tricky... I will give this a try, just hoping this will not turn into hands paradise too quickly...
  • DTDsphereDTDsphere Senior Member
    edited May 2012
    Am I a seasoned solo player?
  • kislerkisler Publisher
    edited May 2012
    DTDsphere;20649 said:
    *omnoms DTD* Nope, needs more oregano.
    edited May 2012
    DTDsphere;20649 said:
    ah yeah you probably are.
    edited May 2012
    But I've never got a AAA on solo :(.
    edited May 2012
    have you played Solo Monogatari 2, get some screenshots, if you full combo challenge, you are good, haha
  • SkRAWRkSkRAWRk Simfiler
    edited May 2012
    Gettin' on it. 8)
    edited May 2012
    DTDsphere;20652 said:
    But I've never got a AAA on solo :(.
    Am I a seasoned player then? xD

Btw, link to Solo Monogatari (1) with videos?
    EDIT: nevermind, found the link in the Solo monogatari 2 post...
    edited May 2012
    Welp, gonna post scores for every Solo Monogatari 2 file sometime this week. :3 Haven't played/optimised all of it yet, but I've got plenty of sightread low/mid A's. :') Hoping I can get some good motivation to play Solo out of this, never mind the SP~

Also, vid requests from Monogatari 2 anyone? Tempted to try and make some, but I wouldn't know what to play. xD
    edited May 2012
    ahaha yes spiller no sp 4 u.

anyway, i am increasing the sp to 10 sp a song up 200 sp, and 25 for a video still stands, hopefully this creates some more interest haha
    edited May 2012
    In fairness, I think Spiller deserves SP for getting the only screenshot so far. An AAA on Novice isn't fast, but it's still sick. :')

And just let any 'seasoned players' post anyway, I'll throw you any SP if you need it. :3
  • NocturneNocturne Simfiler and <span style="font-style:italic">Freakin Graphics Master</span>
    edited May 2012
    SirRhythm;20698 said:
    ahaha yes spiller no sp 4 u.
    Spiller played a Level 2, you gonna not give him credits for a Level 2 AAA? That's shit. That's like offering people money to play FFR and you don't give money to the people who end up doing well, you're condoning poor skill and not encouraging improvement/skill.

First time playing legitimately stepped Solo songs.

edited May 2012
    haha no need to knock the kid down, this is about encouraging people to explore solo, he has done that, i will hope he plays some harder scores, i am not looking for hard scores, but it would be nice to see players push themselves.
    edited May 2012
    I have been playing seriously, I'm just still getting used to it. I am playing one-hand with 2 fingers (using 475896 on numpad) and it is taking me some time to memorize. Well, some scores below:

edited May 2012
    holly shit.. 1 hand solo?

you should defo learn spread for 6key, and if you can use spread on 6key, you will be able to do it on 4 key aswell.
  • NocturneNocturne Simfiler and <span style="font-style:italic">Freakin Graphics Master</span>
    edited May 2012
    SirRhythm;20706 said:
    haha no need to knock the kid down, this is about encouraging people to explore solo, he has done that, i will hope he plays some harder scores, i am not looking for hard scores, but it would be nice to see players push themselves.
    I'm not knocking him down, I'm justifying why he deserves credits lol... I said it was shit that you consider a AAA on a level 2 "Seasoned Solo" hence the "No SP for you" comment i argued over. :P But yeah any score experimenting on Solo is good score to me.
    edited May 2012
    oh yeah i was joking about that. rofl
    edited May 2012
    Hahaha, 1 hand on Solo, what the ****. Those scores are insane considering that playing style! xD

I'll be posting scores at some point this weekend, I think. :3 Further Maths exam tomorrow, but then I'm free for a couple of days because I couldn't care less about Biology on Monday. :')
  • MidigamiMidigami Official Main Simfile Judge
    edited May 2012
    will get to it (O:
    edited May 2012
    SirRhythm;20710 said:
    you should defo learn spread for 6key, and if you can use spread on 6key, you will be able to do it on 4 key aswell.
    I have never really enjoyed playing spread so I don't, it is as simple as that. 2-finger is tricky, but that is exactly what makes it fun for me. I think it is especially promising on solo, since pressing multiple keys with one finger (by hitting the shared edge) is going to be an essential skill, but once you learn it it should be possible to do nearly all the hands, and a fair bit of the quads. (Rest of the quads can probably be done by sliding, as long as they are not holds.) So fairly challenging but not impossible and that is what I'm looking forward to.
    But of course, if TS implements solo then competing against spread players is going to be hell xD

I played TS today instead of solo, so here are some screenshots from the two previous days. (On a side note, I finally achieved my goal of getting at least rank 50 in overall FC.)
    Thursday
    Once I can get A in something like this I will upload a video of it, but I'm not sure I can manage to do this before the deadline.

Coolish walk - medium 6 - A ( 256 / 40 / 8 / 1 /0 / 8 )

15 %-points improvement : D

Friday:
    High powered - medium 5 - A ( 284 / 50 / 16 / 4 / 2 / 17 )

Midnight - easy 6 - C ( 336 / 82 / 34 / 20 / 10 / 38 )
    edited May 2012
    Oops, I'll probably upload my screens late, but whatever. Not even in it for the SP. :o)
    edited May 2012
    thanks you to the two people that sent in scores, i guess this is over haha. send 120 to spiller and 60 to nocturne.
    edited May 2012
    Keep the thread going, just without SP rewards. Some Solo competition could be nice~
    edited May 2012
    SkRAWRk;20810 said:
    Keep the thread going, just without SP rewards. Some Solo competition could be nice~
    I want sp.
    edited May 2012
    DTDsphere;20945 said:
    I want sp.
    You should've posted earlier then~
    edited May 2012
    Since I can't play TS this week (as the sound is off-sync in flash on this computer) I can just as well post some solo scores.

EDIT: I fixed the sync issue in flash and still couldn't AAA anything. It appears that there where a small system-wide off-sync on about -55 msec (still calibrating) which also affected Stepmania. Didn't really think much about it when playing Solo, but that might explain the poor MA I have been getting...

Not that great MA, but haven't been close to FC anything lately so quite happy with this.

248 combo : D

I have wanted to do this chart for a while and I finally passed it today. That "novice 6" chart was so misleading...
  • PowerstarsPowerstars Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    Never tried solo, but I need some SP, so...I'm in.
    bump. ill hand out SP for some scores