~Thirdstyle's New Judging System~

2»

Comments

• FusionFusion Moderator
    edited February 2013
    Vote4Nixon;36269 said:
    There are ups and downs to every system, and yeah, I enjoy having something more free flow as well. It allows simfilers to operate more autonomously, but there is the responsibility of actually getting things done, which is something that isn't intrinsic to the simfiler title. Normally, a simfiler is considered a content contributor as opposed to a content manager, but given the original judging system, the title had a dichotomy of both roles. It worked for a while and improved the simfile process when TS was first launched, that is, having Tass distribute Rickycore and other mp3s and throwing in whatever files he got. But, as the site and user base progresses, change is bound to happen, and this is a necessary step in evolving our current methodology so we can get back to releasing 2-3 files a week.

YOU + ME. ONE TIME. Haha, this is true. One hope is that if simfilers know that their file won't be sitting for months without a review, they would be inclined to step more. Another hope is that this demonstrates to not only simfilers, but also the community as a whole that TS is not dying away anytime soon and will remain a vibrant, fun place for people to put their time and effort into. From my experience, simfiles tend to come in waves from a specific simfile author. There's always a drought followed by a surge of motivation resulting in the next wave of files. We just need enough active simfilers so that when some are on a drought, others are on a surge.

TIZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA (:

He said it all. As I stated before, just give it time, and work with us. Trust us, we are doing everything we can do to keep this alive.
  • MrTeaMrTea Official Back-Up Simfile Judge
    edited February 2013
    If a file is sent in by a judge does it only need to be accepted by the other 4 judges or does a back up judge have to accept it too?
  • FusionFusion Moderator
    edited February 2013
    oops didn't see actually what you wrote.

If a file is sent in by a judge, 4 judges plus one Back-Up must pass it with a score over 6.9
  • ZeroZero Simfiler
    edited February 2013
    krunkykai22;36266 said:

EVERYONE, needs to do their part for this website. Not just staff, but members and such. They have to WANT to keep the site going. This is just one way for us to push in a direction forward. Don't criticize what we are doing in any way because quite frankly, there isn't anyone else that's come forth with ideas and suggestions.
    Seems like you took what I said negatively, I am just speaking about what I know to be true.
    eiddiM;36267 said:
    One could argue a method of doing so is to bring about a more constant system that honestly, more people are more than likely used to. Assuming the batches happen at a reliable rate, I fail to see how this wouldn't encourage a stepper to say "hey my chart is actually going to be judged in a fair amount of time, versus what was happening and that in some cases it took a month plus." It gets good reviews to the users faster and I think that's the primary goal, to start off with encouraging people with reliable notes at a reliable rate.

Who is to say more may not come later? I surely don't know the answer here.
    That is an interesting point, and that might happen, but only time can tell. This really depends on how well the system works.
  • FusionFusion Moderator
    edited February 2013
    I apologize. I didn't mean for it to sound like I took it negatively. More so, that part wasn't towards you anyway, lol.

Anyway, we might be filling the last 2 main judge openings tonight, so stay tuned. All we need now is back-up judges with DefTeaMachine performing an excellent mock review for his interview. Just need to speak to shaun to go over everything and we might have our first batch really really soon!
  • FusionFusion Moderator
    edited February 2013
    OP Updated with Main Judges complete and another back-up judge revealed!!!
  • FusionFusion Moderator
    edited February 2013
    Triple Post LULZ

Welcome Housekeeper (Ian) as a BACK-UP JUDGE!!!
  • HousekeeperHousekeeper StepCloud Mod
    edited February 2013
    ye dawgz 8)
  • MrTeaMrTea Official Back-Up Simfile Judge
    edited February 2013
    Dayum ian bout to rock dat decision making skills.

#pussyswag
  • SexyHandsSexyHands Junior Member
    edited February 2013
    9 words:I'll be proud to be a judge on TS
  • FusionFusion Moderator
    edited February 2013
    I'll shoot you a PM later on in the day, had to do a system reformat on my computer so been working on that mostly all day.
  • ShikiShiki Simfiler
    edited March 2013
    I no longer have a job.

I'd be willing to help judge; I will do my best to get the notes in on time.
  • yoshlyoshl Official Back-Up Simfile Judge
    edited March 2013
    would be willing to apply for backup judge.
  • FusionFusion Moderator
    edited March 2013
    We have our FOURTH BACK-UP JUDGE in yoshl!!!!

Congratulations Chris :)
  • Congratulations.
  • XizXiz Junior Member
    Golly