Is Stepmania still relatively popular among the TS/FFR communities?

JdeadevilJdeadevil Member
edited January 2013 in Gaming
This is probably an annoying question but after I decided to get back into Stepmania a few weeks before the Beta version for 5 was released, I noticed that the only packs I found that were downloadable were ones I played when I last played the game, and I can only assume "omgdidinsane.com" was taken down or it just coincidentally seems to not be working at the moment. So the entire Internet just seems like one big nostalgia fest of Stepmania. Not only that but all the people who were best at the game hadn't even logged onto YouTube for years (with the exception of IzzySM who posted a one-fingered AAAA not too long ago and posts videos for other rhythm games). I noticed people are still joining the forum over at FFR (last was yesterday) so I guess the online games (this and that) are still being played.

I'm always one for making confusing sounding threads so bare with me, but what about you guys, is still common?

Comments

• ChoofChoof Junior Member
    edited January 2013
    what's stepmania
  • TheVCRManTheVCRMan Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    I think most people that play FFR or TS play StepMania. People are still stepping, and I bet if you looked hard enough you'd find some new packs.
  • JdeadevilJdeadevil Member
    edited January 2013
    Ah okay, thanks for the info and suggestion :P Just seen you on the FFR forum xD
    Favourite song so far: Zenith; DJ Embrace
    My TS Profile: http://thirdstyle.com/profile/Jdeadevil
    My Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JonoXD
    My YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Jdeadevil
  • NocturneNocturne Simfiler and <span style="font-style:italic">Freakin Graphics Master</span>
    edited January 2013
    Basically everyone with "Simfiler" Title on their profile or Orange Name knows Stepmania. We all used to or still chart songs in it for this site.

A lot of other players on here train and practice on SM. So yeah, it's nowhere near dead on rhythm communities. lol
  • MrTeaMrTea Official Back-Up Simfile Judge
    edited January 2013
    Stepmania is still really popular. But it seems the communities aren't really pumping out any packs lately.
  • BloodyyBloodyy Elite Beta Tester
    edited January 2013
    Here's a bunch of downloadable packs: http://stepmaniaonline.net/index.php?page=downloads
  • SaphiraSaphira Simfiler
    edited January 2013
    There's packs in the works on FFR right now. I was trying to pull off an X-mod pack but everyone like died. Will prob release it as a minipack with what I did get.
    edited January 2013
    Windowlicker ftw.
  • TheVCRManTheVCRMan Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    Tf is windowlicker
  • SpillerSpiller Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    While I don't watch the community that much, it does seem to have slowed down. Otaku's Dream appears still to be as active as ever currently.

Myself I have never been that glad of the online engines, I found TS decent so I stayed here, but I still play SM more than TS because I don't find it as enjoyable. I have stopped playing TS in periods because of some the issues with Flash. So the online experience in my opinion is far from perfect (though neither is SM). (FFR I skipped completely, not sure if they improved their engine, but sure didn't like it back then.)
  • NocturneNocturne Simfiler and <span style="font-style:italic">Freakin Graphics Master</span>
    edited January 2013
    Spiller;31569 said:
    (FFR I skipped completely, not sure if they improved their engine, but sure didn't like it back then.)
    They've improved the looks and difficulties, it performs better, but still has that ridiculous boo system and minor lag.

and some of the elitism in the community. Besides that, it's been through some small changes every once in a while.
    edited January 2013
    Nocturne;31575 said:

and some of the elitism in the community.
    some of the elitism
    some
    understatement of the year 2013 award goes to Nocturne
  • kislerkisler Publisher
    edited January 2013
    Spiller;31569 said:
    While I don't watch the community that much, it does seem to have slowed down. Otaku's Dream appears still to be as active as ever currently.
    Yeah, I was really surprised to happen upon their IRC channel and find it's going pretty strong. Well, "strong" as in there was much less AFK time than I'm used to.

I'd say most people who would post here have an SM download. Same for if this topic were on FFR. How they make use of it is an important distinction. I barely touch the thing.