Connecticut Elem School Shooting

NocturneNocturne Simfiler and <span style="font-style:italic">Freakin Graphics Master</span>
edited December 2012 in Thought Required
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/14/police-respond-to-shooting-at-connecticut-elementary-school/
Authorities say at least 26 people, including 18 children, were killed Friday when a gunman opened fire inside a Connecticut elementary school.A law enforcement official said the shooter, who is dead, is believed to be a father of one of the students at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown. Authorities recovered a Glock and Sig Sauer 9mm handgun, but it was unclear who killed the shooter, who wore black combat garb and a military vest.
An official with knowledge of the situation said the man, described as in his 20's, had two guns. The motive is not yet known.
Earlier reports of a second gunman are unconfirmed. The Connecticut Post reports that police are also questioning a handcuffed man in connection with the shooting. Witnesses told the newspaper he was led out of the woods by officers.
Shortly after 9:40 a.m., authorities reported that a shooter was in the main office of the school. A person in one room had "numerous gunshot wounds," police told the Hartford Courant.
A dispatcher at the Newtown Volunteer Ambulance Corps said a teacher was shot in the foot and taken to Danbury Hospital. Local news outlets also reported that the principal was among those shot.
Parent Lisa Procaccini told Fox News that her daughter was sitting in a classroom when she and others heard gun shots.
"She was in a small class -- a reading group and they started hearing bangs," Procaccini said. "Her teacher, and I’m grateful for this, rushed kids into the bathroom and locked the door. They told kids it was hammering and tried to keep them calm.”
"Children were crying," Procaccini said. "She did tell me about a little boy that was in a police officer’s arms, bleeding. I don’t know if she gets it."
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives said two firearms were recovered from the scene.
President Obama was notified of the shooting around 10:30 am ET, White House officials said.
The Newtown School District has locked down schools as a preventive measure to ensure the safety of students and staff.
A statement on the district's website stated that afternoon kindergarten classes have been canceled.
The elementary school has close to 700 students.
Newtown is in Fairfield County, about 45 miles southwest of Hartford and 60 miles northeast of New York City.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/14/police-respond-to-shooting-at-connecticut-elementary-school/#ixzz2F3MSfbuk
What are your thoughts on this? If you were a parent or are a parent, how does this make you feel?

Do you think with the rising hysteria of 12/21/12 Apocalypse, we can expect to see more crime rises?

Comments

• cheezpuffscheezpuffs Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    12/21/12?

Also, I highly doubt the fact that 12/12/12 passed would affect crime rate, it was probably planned for a while before.
    This is really shocking, why the kids? What did they do wrong? :(
  • NocturneNocturne Simfiler and <span style="font-style:italic">Freakin Graphics Master</span>
    edited December 2012
    cheezpuffs;30115 said:
    12/21/12?

Also, I highly doubt the fact that 12/12/12 passed would affect crime rate, it was probably planned for a while before.
    This is really shocking, why the kids? What did they do wrong? :(
    Not 12/12/12, 12/21/12. Decemeber 21st, 2012 is when the mayan calender ends, And people foresee this day (in a week) to be the end of the world.
  • cheezpuffscheezpuffs Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    Nocturne;30116 said:
    Not 12/12/12, 12/21/12. Decemeber 21st, 2012 is when the mayan calender ends, And people foresee this day (in a week) to be the end of the world.
    Oh right, I misread it XD

Also, I'm gonna go mental if I witness an extreme bandwagon similar to Amanda Todd's overexaggerated extent.
  • XandertraxXandertrax Simfiler
    edited December 2012
    Some people in this world are pretty screwed up.
  • NocturneNocturne Simfiler and <span style="font-style:italic">Freakin Graphics Master</span>
    edited December 2012
    I think that guns aren't the problem, people are the problem.
  • eiddiMeiddiM Official Back-Up Simfile Judge
    edited December 2012
    There is only one response to this

These guys suck
  • MrTeaMrTea Official Back-Up Simfile Judge
    edited December 2012
    All the news stations. They always report on these shootings, but they go about it the wrong way.
    These ****ing sick kids, these kinds of people would just normally off themselves at there own home, but no. They want to be remembered.
    They are compared and ranked with other shootings of the like, the media just ****ing adores these people. It encourages them.
    So they do it. They won't just die a depressed nobody. They die a complete monster.
    And they are remembered forever.
    edited December 2012
    DefTeaMachine;30293 said:
    All the news stations. They always report on these shootings, but they go about it the wrong way.
    These ****ing sick kids, these kinds of people would just normally off themselves at there own home, but no. They want to be remembered.
    They are compared and ranked with other shootings of the like, the media just ****ing adores these people. It encourages them.
    So they do it. They won't just die a depressed nobody. They die a complete monster.
    And they are remembered forever.
    I agree. There's really no way to stop it. The media has completely control over the propaganda that rules modern society. I find news to be a lot less dramatic when I read it rather than hear it because it disregards the social cues that come with vocal expressions. I read everything in a monotone voice and interpret only the facts, not the quotes, so it helps for me to interpret situation as unbiased as possible.

But as far as these killers, they deserve no fame whatsoever. Neither do their families or affiliates. They should set an example as to how we may better our society, but I believe the ones who deserve any recognition are the victims.
  • ichliebekaseichliebekase Moderator
    edited December 2012
    I guess semi-surprisingly this time, I've seen a LOT more about the victims. It might be because it's elementary school children, but in comparison to other shootings, this is the most I've read about the victims. Every day is a new article about who is being laid to rest that day, or a story about the life of one of these children. It makes me happier to see all these stories about them and not so much about the killer and his family.
    edited December 2012
    Double post, but what the hell...

http://news.yahoo.com/utah-boy-charged-bringing-gun-school-cites-fears-023430546.html

Is this seriously what these kids think is okay?
    edited December 2012
    ichliebekase;30310 said:
    Double post, but what the hell...

http://news.yahoo.com/utah-boy-charged-bringing-gun-school-cites-fears-023430546.html

Is this seriously what these kids think is okay?

"
    It says a lot about the current state of our country when an 11 year old child feels the need to carry a gun for protection."

• MrTeaMrTea Official Back-Up Simfile Judge
    edited December 2012
    And then said 11 year old is put in juvenile detention. Perfect place for someone who hasn't even hit puberty.
  • kislerkisler Publisher
    edited December 2012
    That people can't possess guns at all on school property is nonsensical. The policy never stopped murderers.
    edited December 2012
    Nocturne;30311 said:
    "It says a lot about the current state of our country when an 11 year old child feels the need to carry a gun for protection."
    This is exactly how I feel about anyone having guns at a school (except police officers). It's upsetting to know that people really do feel the need to have guns at a school for protection. Back when my generation was in elementary school and middle school (even high school), I would never have thought that going to school would have any form of danger. By the time I was in high school, I could understand the police officer on duty could have one in the case of an emergency, but I couldn't have imagined him or her ever having to use it.
    edited December 2012
    ichliebekase;30482 said:
    This is exactly how I feel about anyone having guns at a school (except police officers). It's upsetting to know that people really do feel the need to have guns at a school for protection. Back when my generation was in elementary school and middle school (even high school), I would never have thought that going to school would have any form of danger. By the time I was in high school, I could understand the police officer on duty could have one in the case of an emergency, but I couldn't have imagined him or her ever having to use it.

To the highest extent of danger, one inner city kid punched out our principal and got sacked by our police my sophomore year, and one fight involved two schools on our school property and metal bats and knives. That one occurred a couple years before I entered the school, but nothing that made me scared too come to school. School is supposed to be a sanctuary of learning and socializing, not somewhere you're scared to get harmed.