ThirdStyle welcomes WillRock!

Halogen-Halogen- Simfiler
edited June 2012 in ThirdStyle News
A new artist has entered the realm of ThirdStyle with their remix of popular Route 26 and 27 themes from the famous Pokemon Gold, Silver, and Crystal games! Debuting in 1996, Pokemon holds a special place in many people's hearts, and now it makes its way to the keysmashing realms. Prevalent OCRemixer WillRock takes the 8-bit melodies that many of us remember from our childhood and adds a much more aggressive and modern twist with a ton of synthesized riffs and quick guitar solos to truly make this song fit for champions. Champion's Horizon (Route 26) packs quite a punch on both Medium and Hard difficulties, featuring a fair amount of (fast) streaming, layering, and freeze arrows to keep most players attentive. Simfile artist eiddiM brings a full plate to the simfiling table, stepping four charts for a nearly five minute long song. For those of you players looking for more of a challenging and long-distance simfile, this is the place to go.

Play Champion's Horizon (Route 26) on ThirdStyle!
Listen to all of his remixes on his OCRemix page!

Also, if you really like this remix, the entire Missingno album is downloadable for free. All tracks on the album are downloadable individually as well. Take a look at it here! I highly recommend any avid Pokemon fans to open their ears for it.

Comments

• EtienneSinEtienneSin Junior Member
    edited June 2012
    If only I can play it right now.
    Seems like a great song but I can't play ThirdStyle until I get my new computer.
    Can't wait to play it and welcome Willrock! :)
  • eiddiMeiddiM Official Back-Up Simfile Judge
    edited June 2012
    You forgot to mention Heart Gold and Soul Silver image
  • SkRAWRkSkRAWRk Simfiler
    edited June 2012
    Oh god, I'm so glad this song is finally accepted. :')

And hahahaha, that Pikachu ADTR meme, I nearly died. :'3

EDIT: Okay, after playing it again, I really, really like this Hard chart. :D I can't PA it and I always derp on the holds, but your 32nd and 24th runs are incredibly fun and I'll definitely go back and FC it later. :') The only gripe I have is that I'd have liked some drum layering or something during the emptier, less intense parts just for some added challenge, but I can't complain. ^_^
  • NocturneNocturne Simfiler and <span style="font-style:italic">Freakin Graphics Master</span>
    edited June 2012
    eiddiM;21894 said:
    Saved image to my gifs folder, that is awesome haha Mosh pikachu.

This chart to me is almost flawless, there were a couple little thing that really rustled my jimmies, but hot damn this song is so worth it. I don't care if i have to play it for hours to FC, i'll do it, hard chart is so much fun.
  • kislerkisler Publisher
    edited June 2012
    *ThirdStyle
    *WillRock [/grammar nagging]

I don't know, I just seem to find this song really draggy even though it's pretty well stepped. I may never play it again, but nice file Middie.
  • VolceVolce Junior Member
    edited June 2012
    Celebrate?
  • Halogen-Halogen- Simfiler
    edited June 2012
    kisler;21905 said:
    *ThirdStyle
    *WillRock [/grammar nagging]

I don't know, I just seem to find this song really draggy even though it's pretty well stepped. I may never play it again, but nice file Middie.
    Fixed and fixed. Thanks kisler.

I really like this Hard chart -- it moves pretty quickly to me, haha.
    DTDsphere;21195 said:
    Where do I download Halogen_AAA_Generator.exe?
  • MrTeaMrTea Official Back-Up Simfile Judge
    edited June 2012
    i find the file doesnt drag, and its really well done.
  • eiddiMeiddiM Official Back-Up Simfile Judge
    edited June 2012
    DefTeaMachine;21922 said:
    i find the file doesnt drag, and its really well done.
    I think what they're referring to by the fact it drags is the ending holds. As after the insanity of that layered ending to calm holds does kinda drag it a bit. I could have cut that section, but I realllllllllllllyyyyy wanted to step the Pikachu yells :D
  • SkRAWRkSkRAWRk Simfiler
    edited June 2012
    eiddiM;21923 said:
    I think what they're referring to by the fact it drags is the ending holds. As after the insanity of that layered ending to calm holds does kinda drag it a bit. I could have cut that section, but I realllllllllllllyyyyy wanted to step the Pikachu yells :D
    I don't think it's that section, just in general. Whilst I find your faster parts incredibly fun, the slower parts do make the song feel like it's dragging a little. Overall the NPS is <7, yet the 32nd runs are 16NPS, over double that. If you're grinding for the FC, then after a while, the slower parts do get a tad boring. :c
  • FalcoPWNchFalcoPWNch Elite Beta Tester
    edited June 2012
    Despite being a bit hold heavy, love this chart so much. <3