HELP! Trying to break a world record.

MrTeaMrTea Official Back-Up Simfile Judge
edited May 2012 in General Discussion
I'm trying to break the world record for longest gaming streak, which is 55 hours. I think i can pull this off playing pokemon, probably generation 4. But there's a problem...
HOW DO I PROVE IT???
Breaking a world record serves no point if nobody will ever know about it.

Comments

• cheezpuffscheezpuffs Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    you can contact Guiness World Records about it, and then just send them a recorded video of you playing the streak! Look forward to seeing you in the 2013 GWR book!!

Also, you sure you can do a 56+ hour gaming streak? Bit... overdone, isn't it?
  • MrTeaMrTea Official Back-Up Simfile Judge
    edited March 2012
    time isnt an issue. stayed awake for days on end.
    With the record a video thingimagine how fukin huge the file size would be for a 56+ hour video? Im not sure i could do that.
    batch plz
  • SirRhythmSirRhythm Chat Mod
    edited March 2012
    also,you will find most video recorders on the computer don't have the ability to process extremely long videos, so say a day or more.
    edited March 2012
    they guy that set the record had the game hooked up in the arcade, which was open for 24 hours a day for when he was doing it. Living in pensacola the're aren't any places to my knowledge that are open 24 hours, except for maybe mcdonalds drive thru windows. On top of that, pokemon is handheld, so that leads to further complications.
    batch plz
  • Vote4NixonVote4Nixon BADministrator
    edited March 2012
    TS gaming streak gogogo
  • SkRAWRkSkRAWRk Simfiler
    edited March 2012
    You'll have to contact someone and provide video evidence for archive purposes. And because of file sizes and whatnot you'll need someone to assist you with recording and you'll probably have to use multiple sources/cameras to record the whole thing. But I'm not sure if they'll even record it since they were trying to avoid records that might encourage prolonged periods of time spent without sleeping last I'd checked.
    edited March 2012
    im thinking maybe i could do it via live feed over the internet, but im not entirely sure.
    batch plz
    edited March 2012
    you could, if the feed was going to GWR... It SHOULD work, at least...
    edited March 2012
    You'd have to ensure a permanent connection was kept though. Why don't you contact GWR and see what they recommend? xD
    edited March 2012
    SkRAWRk;19302 said:
    You'd have to ensure a permanent connection was kept though. Why don't you contact GWR and see what they recommend? xD
    agreed, they'd know far more than we would! XD
  • VoluptureVolupture Publisher
    edited March 2012
    wow, only 55 hours. I thought it would be more than that lol
    edited March 2012
    xMUSICxMASTERx;19305 said:
    wow, only 55 hours. I thought it would be more than that lol
    ~HxC AMY~
  • SirRhythmSirRhythm Chat Mod
    edited March 2012
    no it's 109
    edited March 2012
    its complicated. like there are THREE FREAKING RECORDS and have no idea why they're seperate. they are 30 hours, 55 hours, and 109 hours.
    batch plz
  • NocturneNocturne Simfiler and <span style="font-style:italic">Freakin Graphics Master</span>
    edited March 2012
    DefTeaMachine;19327 said:
    its complicated. like there are THREE FREAKING RECORDS and have no idea why they're seperate. they are 30 hours, 55 hours, and 109 hours.
    Post the links, it'll say explicitly what distinguishes the records and what the dates are.
  • CharloCharlo Junior Member
    edited March 2012
    If you are serious, you could probably get some gaming store in your area to host your attempt and "sponsor" you. They would enjoy the publicity that comes along with a sweaty, unwashed gamer hanging around in their store for several days.
  • MixMasterLarMixMasterLar Junior Member
    edited May 2012
    So did this ever get off the ground?

And if your doing it in a public place then let us know. I'm in Pace so i'll come by and support
  • NocturneNocturne Simfiler and <span style="font-style:italic">Freakin Graphics Master</span>
    edited May 2012
    MixMasterLar;20796 said:
    So did this ever get off the ground?

And if your doing it in a public place then let us know. I'm in Pace so i'll come by and support

Yeah i don't think this went through, but I'd like to watch as well.
    edited May 2012
    Yeah, what Shaun said. DefTea like died or something because of internet issues or whatever. And I don't think he ever found out what exactly he needed to do. If he does eventually do it, I'm up for watching a live feed though. :3
  • TheFDTheFD Music Maker
    edited May 2012
    Don't you just contact them and they send a guy (or probably three in this case) to witness your record? Also, some guy holds the longest record for disco dancing at like 8 days, I think you can pull this off Def, as long as it's not an Xbox game lolburn.

EDIT: 109 hours? Fuuuck lol that sounds more like a record.