TS App

NocturneNocturne Simfiler and <span style="font-style:italic">Freakin Graphics Master</span>
edited January 2013 in Bugs & Feedback
I mean we all pretty much have our phones on us 90% of the time, and with this highly intense trend of Droid and iPhone's, it seems like everyone's constantly looking for the latest apps and games to play from their mobile phones and iPad's.

Maybe we could have that here? Would it be cool if there was a TS app that allowed you to sign-in and network social with your TS friends through profiles and make real profile adjustments and "status updates"?

Maybe we could have one for forums and chat as well or incorporate them into one app, because TS seems to have most it's active members in chat, but chat doesn't function well at all on mobile phones.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Information? Concerns?

Comments

• JasonKeyJasonKey BADministrator
    edited January 2013
    there must be an echo in here ;)

We need the Status Updates regardless of the App in truth ;)
  • MidigamiMidigami Official Main Simfile Judge
    edited January 2013
    Mayans already made an app for it (angel)
  • kislerkisler Publisher
    edited January 2013
    Mobile versions of forums really suck. (I am typing this on my phone fyi.)*But the rest of the site could do for a skinning down for mobile.
  • MrTeaMrTea Official Back-Up Simfile Judge
    edited January 2013
    On another note, what if we had like an iPhone/Android TS sampler. Just like a playable little app that has maybe like 8 songs on it. Of course would need to get special; permissions for those, or have the songs stream from the website or something. IDK it wouldnt be flash but just an idea.
  • kislerkisler Publisher
    edited January 2013
    DefTeaMachine;31875 said:
    On another note, what if we had like an iPhone/Android TS sampler. Just like a playable little app that has maybe like 8 songs on it. Of course would need to get special; permissions for those, or have the songs stream from the website or something. IDK it wouldnt be flash but just an idea.
    Yup, like the old FFR app around other Flash sites. Not necessarily best of the best files, but solid ones for sure so people come to check out the full game. How do you turn this game mobile, though?
  • NocturneNocturne Simfiler and <span style="font-style:italic">Freakin Graphics Master</span>
    edited January 2013
    kisler;31886 said:
    Yup, like the old FFR app around other Flash sites. Not necessarily best of the best files, but solid ones for sure so people come to check out the full game. How do you turn this game mobile, though?
    If not mobile, at least integrate this app into Kongregate and Newgrounds for a bigger fanbase. Make the bigger features member exclusive like store songs and hard difficulty like Isk mentioned.
  • cheezpuffscheezpuffs Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    Good idea, I have an iPod Touch! :D
    Considering that, it may be better on larger phones, it may not be easy on an ios or other touchscreen phone. But maybe on keyboard phones? ^_^
  • kislerkisler Publisher
    edited January 2013
    Nocturne;31889 said:
    If not mobile, at least integrate this app into Kongregate and Newgrounds for a bigger fanbase. Make the bigger features member exclusive like store songs and hard difficulty like Isk mentioned.
    I think Kong is either dying or stagnating. Their link with GameStop can only drive so much traffic there. Now the Flash games uploaded outnumber the active users, and their mobile presence is awful.

Still, can't hurt.
    edited January 2013
    Nocturne;31889 said:
    We've had this idea so much, and I'm not surprised!
    But why haven't we done that yet? Is it hard to demo-ify this game?
  • NocturneNocturne Simfiler and <span style="font-style:italic">Freakin Graphics Master</span>
    edited January 2013
    cheezpuffs;31938 said:
    We've had this idea so much, and I'm not surprised!
    But why haven't we done that yet? Is it hard to demo-ify this game?
    It's not hard, so much as it will take time and effort, and we are low on morale right now. But i guarantee if we do it and integrate into multiple big flash communities, we'll get a larger much response.
    edited January 2013
    Nocturne;31951 said:
    It's not hard, so much as it will take time and effort, and we are low on morale right now. But i guarantee if we do it and integrate into multiple big flash communities, we'll get a larger much response.
    Hopefully, with more people and more experts in we could grow into a nice and big community!

More people = More chance of steppers / simfilers / graphics / etc + members who are part of us = more work being done all-round = more growing = more people!
    AAAAAAAAND repeat! :D

Also, will the current contributing members (before / if this all happens) get some kind of special badge, like 'TS hipster - Playing TS before it was cool' ?