Trent Reznor and a Streaming Service?

JasonKeyJasonKey BADministrator
edited April 2013 in BackStage News
In an interview with The New Yorker, Reznor has announced that he's planning a new music streaming service for launch in early 2013. Currently called Daisy, the tool is supposed to compete with Spotify and others ....

Read the article!

What service do you folks use? Or what sites?

Comments

• NocturneNocturne Simfiler and <span style="font-style:italic">Freakin Graphics Master</span>
    edited December 2012
    Pandora mostly. Besides that, nothing really, I used to venture into the Last.fm area of the internet, but I had a lot of problems with it.

I regularly stick to my itunes and purchase music like the oblivious music fanatic I am. (halo)
  • JasonKeyJasonKey BADministrator
    edited December 2012
    what about the sites like Cloud Music and the like?
    Friendster .. the only social network anyone needs
  • SirRhythmSirRhythm Chat Mod
    edited December 2012
    google runs a cloud music, so does apple right? who is going to be able to compete with them?
  • MrTeaMrTea Official Back-Up Simfile Judge
    edited December 2012
    I don't no if Trent is gonna be able to make this work.
  • awein999awein999 Profile Mod
    edited December 2012
    I've used Pandora on and off. Lots of the time I haven't been using any which is pretty surprising now that I think about it.
  • Vote4NixonVote4Nixon BADministrator
    edited December 2012
    I use YouTube for all my music needs. And epic lulz.
  • kislerkisler Publisher
    edited December 2012

How couldn't you trust something that cute and deadly?

I don't often let music stream; I go find individual songs on YouTube or SoundCloud.
  • JasonKeyJasonKey BADministrator
    edited December 2012
    wow .. I am just surprised. Is it the cost of the services or lack of music?

I can't imagine NOT streaming my music.

I love watching videos and the like too .. but just to plug into the car or when walking around the office, I am all about streaming.
    Friendster .. the only social network anyone needs
  • NocturneNocturne Simfiler and <span style="font-style:italic">Freakin Graphics Master</span>
    edited December 2012
    JasonKey;30240 said:

I love watching videos and the like too .. but just to plug into the car or when walking around the office, I am all about streaming.
    Yeah I use Pandora streaming in the office and well a lot of nice music streaming services are free to little cost, so it's not so much the cost. Rather it seems that with the "Playlist" features on iTunes and iPods you can set exactly which songs you want played , in which order, or even random, so in a sense it seems to be overshadowing streaming services in a more convenient way. I can say from experience it's sometimes annoying when you set a playlist and you have to dislike/downthumb songs just to get the service to figure out what you like. That part annoys me sometimes, but times when I'm open to new experiences in music, I find Pandora/Last.fm/Genius seem to come in handy.

So really streaming services are very useful for opening the user to new sounds, but for people who want to hear strictly their music and don't want to run the risk of having bad songs come up "mid-party" or social gathering or something, the playlists functions on iTunes really makes things easier, not to mention the fact that playlists can be edited mid-play-through, so anyone at the party can suggest music, and you can toss that song in, or purchase it run quick and place it into the playlist.
  • kislerkisler Publisher
    edited December 2012
    JasonKey;30240 said:

I love watching videos and the like too .. but just to plug into the car or when walking arounde, I am all about streaming.
    I am not in one place for long enough of a time to justify streaming. Yeah, I know a few friends who have Spotify and such for work.
  • bel1a Junior Member
    edited December 2012
    hellow :) i appreciate your work.keep it up ;)
  • TheVCRManTheVCRMan Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    ^ da fak nyugga

I use Pandora and Soundcloud. Youtube for individual songs. Don't mind down-thumbing songs, and It's honestly generally not a problem since I like most music. d:
  • turtleturtle Elite Beta Tester
    edited March 2013
    shoot boyz, he got game :o
  • TheVCRManTheVCRMan Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    BREAKING BACKSTAGE NEWS:

ded