Trophy Ideas

NocturneNocturne Simfiler and <span style="font-style:italic">Freakin Graphics Master</span>
edited November 2012 in Bugs & Feedback
Ideas.

A:

Really dumb idea, but maybe we can have some sort of like Score Rank based on the trophies we unlock and the difficulty of them? I know it seems a tad redundant, and it is, but I was just wondering what others felt.

imageimageimageimage
Each color for the trophies represents a separate magnitude of tier. Bronzes (1-3) get 1 point each, Silver (4-6) get 4 points each, Golds get 7 each, and Crystals get 10.
Ultimately, this gives Lifetime Trophies Set a total of 46 points towards your Mastery Score.
This also would give Song Specific Trophies Set (Jonny's idea) a possible 22 points of Mastery Score.

With these points i think it would reward working hard for more points through the higher difficulty tier trophies, with higher payout of points than breezing by with lower tiers.
I propose there to be Mastery Ranks with cut-offs set in place within reason, and every time you level up your Mastery Rank a new level, you get a nice StylePoint Reward.

For example, let's say that the cut off minimum points to be Mastery Rank 2 is around 10 points. I can go about this many ways, for earning 10 bronze (tier 1 - 3) trophies, or i can focus on one set of trophies and level up my set to 5, which will give me 11 points (1 + 1 + 1 + 4 + 4). This rewards working harder on your sets rather than just accumulating easier trophies.

While each rank gives a certain StylePoint pay-out for achieving, I also think it'd be cool to have a chart with your trophies on your profile that tracks the number of Mastery Score you have and which Mastery Rank you are at.

Stupid idea i know. Just putting it on paper cuz yeah.
[HR][/HR][HR][/HR]
B:

Earning X amount of Bronze Trophies gives you a [BRZ] or [B] tag that you can use in MP or on the forums. Maybe even chat, but with all the shit in chat already i doubt that'd be reasonable.
Earning X amount of Silver Trophies gives you a [SVR] or [S] tag that you can use in MP or on the forums.
Earning X amount of Gold Trophies gives you a [GLD] or [G]tag that you can use in MP or on the forums.
Earning X amount of Platinum/Crystal Trophies gives you a [PLT]/[P] or[CYS]/[C]tag that you can use in MP or on the forums.

[HR][/HR][HR][/HR]C:

Same idea as A: but the values change from being color-tier related, to being overall tier related. This being tier 1 trophies awards 1 point, 2's award 2 points, ... , tier 10 awards the highest amount of 10.
Ultimately, this gives Lifetime Trophies Set a total of 55 points towards your Mastery Score.
This however only gives Song Specific Trophies Set (Jonny's idea) a possible 10 points of Mastery Score.

[HR][/HR][HR][/HR]
I'm bored at work and just writing shit. halp.

open the door get on the floor everybody walk the dinosaur

Thank you,

Nocturne

Comments

• MrTeaMrTea Official Back-Up Simfile Judge
    edited November 2012
    I'd go with A
  • kislerkisler Publisher
    edited November 2012
    Wow, we really do wanna meta-meta-metastasize the game now, huh? Well I mean in that case, I like the idea of A/C. The real debate is over what each trophy should be worth. My initial thought is bronzes worth 1, silvers worth 2, golds worth 3 and crystals worth 10. So 1/1/1/2/2/2/3/3/3/10 for a total of 28. The crystal should be worth getting, and this setup makes it more than a third of the total mastery score. The side effect is, a lot of people have very low mastery scores until they pick up a crystal.

But for the presented systems, A is better than C because it stays with the trophy colors.
  • JasonKeyJasonKey BADministrator
    edited November 2012
    All I gotta say is Where is the Uber Mangina Trophy? Or Uber Troll? ..
  • JonnyJonny StepCloud Mod
    edited November 2012
    oops double post
    edited November 2012
    how about a simple formula for giving values to each trophy, something like:

(Number of players * 100) / Number of unlocks = Trophy value

the sum of all the trophy values could be the "mastery" score.

oh, and i chose 100 to be multiplied just so the numbers would be higher, its basically just a ratio score.

a ratio score for each individual trophy will ensure that the hardest ones will always have the highest weight in the overall score.

as for the idea, i do defenitly like the idea of an overall score based on the trophies collected, altho i dont really think trophies need to be set to eather 4 or 10, i feel it should be anywere from 1 to 10 per set, except the overall sets which are always 10. theres no point in limiting individual song trophies to 4 when there could be many more cool ones to add (take my speedcore 300 set, 8 trophies, all unique and with varying difficulties)
    edited November 2012
    Jonny;27484 said:
    (words)
    Too complicated. Set values plz.
    edited November 2012
    DefTeaMachine;27486 said:
    Too complicated. Set values plz.
    defenitly not complicated, and if anyone thinks this will be the automatic difficulty values all over again, it certainly wont be, its not nearly as complex a formula as that one, this one will always have the hardest (or least gained) trophys weighted higher than the common ones.
    edited November 2012
    Jonny;27489 said:
    pork cylinders
    okay what does that have to do with anything?
  • kislerkisler Publisher
    edited November 2012
    What if each trophy is worth an amount equal to (100 * (all tiers - this tier) / all tiers), where "all tiers" = total unlocks from Tier 1 to 10 and "this tier" = unlocks for the tier in question? The trophy values fluctuate but always add to a Mastery Score of 100. Just change the 100 for different totals.

e: Also fix them to be whole number values and make sure they add correctly.
    edited November 2012
    kisler;27497 said:
    What if each trophy is worth an amount equal to (100 * (all tiers - this tier) / all tiers), where "all tiers" = total unlocks from Tier 1 to 10 and "this tier" = unlocks for the tier in question? The trophy values fluctuate but always add to a Mastery Score of 100. Just change the 100 for different totals.

e: Also fix them to be whole number values and make sure they add correctly.

getting slightly more complicated now. i think personally, i would definitely y prefer an individual value for each trophy as opposed to a value for each type, individual values will show the true difficulty (or time spent in overall case) of the trophies.
  • kislerkisler Publisher
    edited November 2012
    Jonny;27591 said:
    getting slightly more complicated now. i think personally, i would definitely y prefer an individual value for each trophy as opposed to a value for each type, individual values will show the true difficulty (or time spent in overall case) of the trophies.
    Agree; people need better motivation to get what may look like "the next gold," which will be hurt if all the bronzes/silvers/golds are worth the same amount.

e: "Earning X amount of Gold Trophies gives you a [GLD] or [G]tag that you can use in MP or on the forums."

[You must be a ThirdStyle GLD member to view my response.]