The Dear Hunter + Equal Vision Records = Cave & Canary Goods

NeeshNeesh Publisher
edited June 2012 in BackStage News
imageThe Dear Hunter (ex-The Receiving End of Sirens) and Equal Vision records announced today that Casey Crescenzo is launching his own imprint label: Cave & Canary Goods, in conjunction with EVR. The Dear Hunter is set to begin production on a new album late summer.

Equal Vision Records, baby. All my favorites. Since 2002. ****ing love it!

The Dear Hunter joins the current ranks of: Hrvrd (Harvard), I The Mighty, Tallhart, Say Anything, Eisley, Glass Cloud, We Came As Romans, Texas in July, Set It Off, Bane, Chiodos, Davenport Cabinet, Fairweather, Fear Before, For All I Am, Ghost Thrower, Isles and Glaciers, Life on Repeat, Orbs, Places and Numbers, Sky Eats Airplane, The Dear & Departed, The Prize Fighter Inferno, This Time Next Year, Wild Orchid Children… and will also have a cozy spot alongside EVR’s all-star alumnus:

How can one independent label be so ****ing awesome? Anyway, I went on and on about my love for this label in the most recent episode of the Neeshland Podcast.

download episode
"After spending a good amount of time debating on whether to continue the Act records at this point, or take another step to the side - the most natural path seemed to be to leave all preconceptions to the side, and to write a record straight from the heart, without any filter of concept or plot."
-Casey Crescezno
Mr. Crescezno, I’ve backed you from the moment you posted demos for this project as a The Receiving End of Sirens side project. During the “This Armistice” video shoot we chatted about how awesome your bloody dragonfly trackjacket was. EVR couldn’t be a more perfect fit. I look forward to hearing your new music, concept or not.

Comments

• Vote4NixonVote4Nixon BADministrator
    edited June 2012
    first! nice read :), glad to see you around these parts Neesh!