BGs for variations of the game

Vote4NixonVote4Nixon BADministrator
In the future, we may be looking at a separate UI for the game for 6key (wider middle lane) and possibly FB (could be an overhaul of how the game looks). Since we haven't really ironed out the requirements, I'd say there are two options for how we should move forward with BGs:

1) Completely separate set of BGs for 4key, 6key, FB, etc...most songs will have different images and we can just copy/paste those bgs that can be used in multiple domains. PROS: more creative license to the designers as they can customize BGs separately with separate templates. CONS: triple the work, but no rework (other than fixing the slightly offset ones ;))

2) Redo BGs to be compatible in as many domains as possible...most likely entails making a BG that's a full 800x600 without the middle lane that would look good with the 4key lane width, and also 6key lane width, and who knows for FB. PROS: less work in the long run, as you don't have to make up to 3 BGs per song. CONS: limitations on artists for what they can come up with, since it has to work with everything.

Am I missing anything? Thoughts?

Comments

• kislerkisler Publisher
    edited June 2012
    Option 2 is a definite yes. They're harder to make interesting throughout, but there are so few existing graphics with bars in them to redo anyway. And there's potential for different game themes(?!) or something like that, which may not occupy the same space as the current theme and cause graphical issues. Full 4:3 can be resized or cropped appropriately to fit any smaller-window things as well.
  • NocturneNocturne Simfiler and <span style="font-style:italic">Freakin Graphics Master</span>
    edited June 2012
    kisler;21345 said:
    Option 2 is a definite yes. They're harder to make interesting throughout, but there are so few existing graphics with bars in them to redo anyway. And there's potential for different game themes(?!) or something like that, which may not occupy the same space as the current theme and cause graphical issues. Full 4:3 can be resized or cropped appropriately to fit any smaller-window things as well.
    I agree, I wouldn't mind just doing 1 full 800x600, it'll be less creative space yeah, but I'm willing to compromise that for efficiency.
  • Halogen-Halogen- Simfiler
    edited June 2012
    For something that is going to be visible to a much larger group of people, organization is important. Option 2 seems like the better idea for multiple reasons; it's more efficient and in comparison to the different content over different styles of play, it will be more consistent. Both are very appealing.

As mentioned before, it gives slightly less freedom in design but I highly doubt that it will be any sort of a detrimental issue.
  • Wade and John maybe you have make an effort to cooperate having your ex boyfriend are available. But we need to have an even better have to Bosch. After a harm,Nike Shoes Cheap 12711_65,nike air max, we allow your ex boyfriend participate in extra aggressively upon protection, we will need to participate in towards each other clear inside Lounge associated with Famelevel competitors allow your ex boyfriend. After you alter your lineup,cheap nike shoes online 111_86, an individual break your opponent's protection,cheap nike shox, your surprise Wade? Break additional adjust you second participate in, that they could not surprise us stressed. Wade have scored these days,Cheap Ray ban sunglasses 12_172, 6 months time rebounds,nike free runs, her operation this evening an individual just what exactly don't you imagine? Your dog has been strongly in charge on the world at the start on the sport, your dog possessed 6 months time steals, and your dog was able to operate make an effort to inside gift basket. We've found our own edge as well,cheap nike shoes, which may be triggered will be pretty able to see that. These days your dog has been pretty aggressive.