MORE RENARD? What is this, a Chaoz Fantasy?

ichliebekaseichliebekase Moderator
edited April 2013 in ThirdStyle News
Two new releases everyone! Can't beat that, right?

Our first new simfile was released on April 4th; a well-known song called Chaoz Fantasy! Many people in the rhythm gaming community know this song to be part of the many Chaoz songs written by ParagonX9. Here are some words about the chart from the simfile artist, Nocturne!

"I had been contemplating stepping this song ever since I first heard it when I first got into stepping. My first rough version was made roughly a couple years ago and after losing the file and getting a new laptop, I decided to rework the song and throw in some current techniques just to improve on the charts. ParagonX9 never lets down when bringing new head-bopping beat, and will always have a home in gaming sites."

Give this jumpstream thriller a try, but be wary of the occasional BPM trick or two!

Play Chaoz Fantasy now!

Our second simfile was released on April 11th to the store; Raatid Fiah! As if we needed more Renard, this particular song was written by Renard's alias Jackal Queenston. More on that from the simfiler, DefTeaMachine!

"In our last post, we notified you all about our "neglected artists" and used Renard as an example. For those that didn't catch it, that was sarcasm. A joke. We can not explain to you how severe the need for LESS Renard is. Raatid Fiah was even shoved in the store because we didn't want to flood the game so much with the same artist. In order to protect myself from assasination, I will not be stepping any more Renard. Hopefully."

This new simfile can be purchased in the ThirdStyle store for 850 stylepoints.

Purchase and play Raatid Fiah! [as Jackal Queenston] now!

A couple of quick final words! Notes from Batch 002 should be released very soon, so keep an eye out for them in the simfile forum! Also, any and all simfilers, please take another look at the Submission Rules for ThirdStyle thread. There has been an update to the rules for submitting as a collaboration file, and we'd also like for everyone to adhere to all submission rules fully. From now on, if you have not followed the submission rules properly, your file may be rejected without being judged until it is properly submitted.

Finally, we have recently transferred to [yet another] new server, so please report any bugs or problems here. Thank you!

Comments

• MrTeaMrTea Official Back-Up Simfile Judge
    edited April 2013
    irion is gonna kill me
  • eiddiMeiddiM Official Back-Up Simfile Judge
    edited April 2013
    Quick chart more Renard
    edited April 2013
    Not before I hire a body guard.
  • ChloMoDJzChloMoDJz Simfiler and <span style="font-style:italic">TS Resident Navi</span>
    edited April 2013
    i have a renard file again
    edited April 2013
    Well at least the next one wont be my fault.

BRB quitting TS.

edit: post 700.
  • TheVCRManTheVCRMan Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    Insert comment about number of renard files in game here
  • Vote4NixonVote4Nixon BADministrator
    edited April 2013
    Insert comment about the number of comments about the number of renard files in game here
    edited April 2013
    Insert complaint about no MP
    edited April 2013
    Insert penis into vagina
    edited April 2013
    insert tiza inside india
    edited April 2013
    Vote4DJz;39338 said:
    i have a renard file again
    If you sub it prepare your anus to get all 0's regardless of quality

I don't care if I am allowed to do it or not. It will happen.
    edited April 2013
    We should suspend renard file submissions for atleast a few months.
    I wouldn't say ban it all together but with the current ratio we really do not need more renard songs right now.

Lets think about this. After all the begging for Flashbulb and Venetian Snares perms, we only have 1 song each in game.
  • ichliebekaseichliebekase Moderator
    edited April 2013
    We can't really ban or suspend an artist from being stepped, no matter how badly we want to do so. We just have to sort of rely on the other simfilers to take note of the extreme overflow and not step that artist.
  • cheezpuffscheezpuffs Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    edited April 2013
    Memes are the ****ing worst
    edited April 2013
    TheVCRman;39355 said:
    Memes are the ****ing worst
    I dunno I can think of a few things.
    edited April 2013
    eiddiM;39367 said:
    I dunno I can think of a few things.
    Was half expecting white text.
    edited April 2013

why the hell is this song so much anyways
    edited April 2013
    TheVCRman;39374 said:

why the hell is this song so much anyways
    They're trying to keep people from playing it.
    edited April 2013
    DefTeaMachine;39376 said:
    They're trying to keep people from playing it.
    Lmfao why it's not like the file's bad and It's not like people are sitting there being forced to play every song alphabetically by artist. They don't have to play all the renard at once.
    edited April 2013
    TheVCRman;39378 said:
    Lmfao why it's not like the file's bad and It's not like people are sitting there being forced to play every song alphabetically by artist. They don't have to play all the renard at once.
    Also like half my charts get dumped into the store for some reason.
    inb4 Waltz Of Melted Snow is a store item.
    edited April 2013
    DefTeaMachine;39379 said:
    Also like half my charts get dumped into the store for some reason.
    inb4 Waltz Of Melted Snow is a store item.
    StylePoints destroyah
    edited April 2013
    Haha DTM, it's hardly the case that we want to keep people from playing your files. Usually, good songs/charts go into the store so there is more incentive to buy them, but sometimes simfilers strongly request that their song not be put in the store, so it really all depends on timing. We want to have regular store releases in proportion to the songs in game so people have a reason to keep gaining SP. Also, repeat artists do have a greater chance of ending up in the store, regardless of who the artist is and who stepped the file, though this is not always the case.

I'll keep in mind though that you have plenty of in-store songs already (I think Patashu and Jonny have the most currently) when deciding the next store items :D.
    edited April 2013
    Make a new collectible so I can corner it's market dammit
  • Zakizdaman Junior Member
    edited April 2013
    We should have a Renard event like we had an Iosys one
  • turtleturtle Elite Beta Tester
    edited April 2013
    >people complain about to much Renard
    >suggests Renard event to get more Renard
  • ichliebekaseichliebekase Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Vote4Nixon;39381 said:
    Also, repeat artists do have a greater chance of ending up in the store, regardless of who the artist is and who stepped the file, though this is not always the case.
    Vote4Nixon;39381 said:
    regardless of...who stepped the file
    Welcome to the reason why simfile artists get their own charts free 8)

btw, if we're calculating who has the most store songs, I feel Ian and Shaun need to be mentioned for most expensive charts in the store (especially Shaun).
    edited April 2013
    I'm gonna step nothing but Renard for TS from now on.
  • ChloMoDJzChloMoDJz Simfiler and <span style="font-style:italic">TS Resident Navi</span>
    edited April 2013
    i have 2 renard
  • BluecheeseBluecheese Junior Member
    edited April 2013
    I can smell the people already FC'ing and AAA'ing the song and it hasn't even been out that long.