The Scars of Yesterday make us Dream of Scarlet!

ichliebekaseichliebekase Moderator
edited March 2013 in ThirdStyle News
It seems as if Thirdstyle's first batch was a success! We've had two new releases since the end of judgment, so let's get this party started!

First, we have another long and exciting DragonForce song added to our ever-growing list of marathon songs! Clocking in at 7 minutes and 45 seconds, Scars of Yesterday is exactly what you expect out of any DragonForce chart; speed, streams, and the feeling that carpal tunnel is in your future. Scars of Yesterday is a collaborative effort, with speedcore simfiler Jonny pumping out the colorful hard chart and DefTeaMachine providing medium, easy, and beginner.

Are you up to the task of playing another marathon simfile? Play Scars of Yesterday now!

Fortunately, our second release isn't another marathon, so when you're done killing your hands for almost 8 minutes, hop over to the store and cool-down with our new simfile the Dream of Scarlet! Written by popular artist dBu, this song is very well known throughout the rhythm gaming community, but was originally featured in the game Embodiment of Scarlet Devil. To be able to play this simfile, you must first purchase it from the store for 375 stylepoints, but first, let the simfiler himself, eiddiM, tell us a bit more about the simfile!

"It's a 200 BPM short chart. It doesn't require much stamina, and the reading it isn't that difficult, it's all a matter of, "is the climax going to get you?" I think. It starts with a difficult intro, then it gets groovy with an anchor on the 3 key and jumps to the background instruments. After that you get that very memorable 12th note guitar rift going, a break and then back to the guitar riff. I stayed away from jumping the snares because that 12th stream is a very memorable Stepmania and FFR memory, and as to what I know, it's never been jumped. So it draws a reference from those. But then, you get back to the grove of the drums, and then the climaxing jumpstream just kinda of kicks you in the face and really just seals the end of this short chart up for you. It's a rather simplistic chart, but I still think that climax is just going to wreck a run or three."

Purchase and play the Dream of Scarlet now!

One final note for this post! The judges are re-opening the batch this upcoming Monday, March 18th! You may send in more files to go through judgment to the batch email (thirdstylesubmissions@gmail.com) until 11:59 P.M. on Sunday, March 24th. Also, if you have any fixes to send in for previously judged files, whether the original was accepted or not, be sure to send those in too!

Comments

• eiddiMeiddiM Official Back-Up Simfile Judge
    edited March 2013
    Long song and short song unite to create: Rage.
  • EinEin Member
    edited March 2013
    Mis oidos dicen: "Si, otra de DragonForce!", y mis dedos dicen: "No, otra de DragonForce!"
  • MrTeaMrTea Official Back-Up Simfile Judge
    edited March 2013
    Middie plz.
    edited March 2013
    What did I do x.x'
  • yoshlyoshl Official Back-Up Simfile Judge
    edited March 2013
    lol analysis p-much answers all my review gg -3-
  • PowerstarsPowerstars Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Dragonforce file was win.
    edited March 2013
    Not gonna lie, I was funny enough the only judge to fail the Dragonforce chart. It honestly needs a lot more work to make it more playable. In my personal view, those charts are pretty low quality. But that's just me, it apparently is a stronger chart than I give it credit for, or it wouldn't have got in game. So regardless of my view, I hope everyone's enjoying both Scars and DoS, and nice work Jonny and DefTea.
  • JonnyJonny StepCloud Mod
    edited March 2013
    eiddiM;38545 said:
    Not gonna lie, I was funny enough the only judge to fail the Dragonforce chart. It honestly needs a lot more work to make it more playable. In my personal view, those charts are pretty low quality. But that's just me, it apparently is a stronger chart than I give it credit for, or it wouldn't have got in game. So regardless of my view, I hope everyone's enjoying both Scars and DoS, and nice work Jonny and DefTea.
    really? couldn't tell from reading yr notes :P
  • MrTeaMrTea Official Back-Up Simfile Judge
    edited March 2013
    Jonny;38548 said:
    o boy.
    edited March 2013
    Jonny;38548 said:
    :3 NEXT TIME. 0's. EVERYWHERE.

/sarcasm